Friday, April 8, 2022

(EXCUSE MY ABSENCE!)

Dear sisters and brothers,

Two weeks ago I had surgery on my lower back. The doctor proclaimed it a success, but the experience 
left me without much energy or ambition. Now that I'm getting back on my feet I'm finding the energy to do other things --such as writing a blog post.

Let me tell you briefly of my experience of not-praying for two weeks. I knew I had all sorts of people from kindergarteners to elders praying hard for me. So. when I woke up from the surgery and couldn't manage to pray, I relied on the payers of all those people. This went on for nearly two weeks.

It felt exactly right, as if this is the whole idea of telling someone "I'm praying for you." So, I just relaxed and let myself be carried along on the prayers fall these people, many of them loved ones but many others simply members of prayer groups and parishes. 

Since experiencing being carried along on the prayers of others, I now have a deeper appreciation of  what it means to belong to "the Communion of Saints" (which includes us on earth as well as those in Glory).

As I get back to praying, I find that I'm hearing a deeper dimension to people's request to "Please pray for me."

Have a blessed Holy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment